This week has been a roller-coaster ride: It all started with klosje number 720. I was hoping to savour the moment and decided to make it special:
The moment was fleeting, but I found myself really smiling remembering all the funny places where I have made Klosjes over the past year...
|Last one attached to Corner number 4...|
... and immediately rewarded myself with by starting Camelot! More on that to come... :)
That means I had to find the right red for the border: Okay. I went for the one that gave me goosebumps as opposed to the one that was just perfect... Now, how to proceed...
Basting the corners was hard because of all that Bias stretch from the halfsquare triangles. So with resolve I decided to "fake it till I make it" ( my heart was pounding, I felt so unsure, period cramps, coldsweats and feeling like running away and hiding in a cave and take Camelot with me, of course! LOL) so despite all that, I tried to keep calm and carry on... I placed the pieces on my kitchen floor (which happened to be clean) and the floor tiles helped me to make sure it was square. I guessed how big the red border had to be, cut it and then realized that machine basting would be best (needle at 5.0). I found the centers of the each corner and matched it to the borders and machine basted from the centers out: and I couldn't believe my eyes,
it was actually working...and so: voila!!!
|Here she is! All 3688 pieces of her!|
It all fits! the quilt is a bit shy of 2m square, and now I have to focus on actually hand-stitching the corners down... once I come down back to earth... and then we'll get a better picture! :)
Wanted to keep you guys up to date, because I LOOOOOOOVE you! And cannot thank you enough for all the support and encouragement you keep giving me...