Monday, November 15, 2010

Searching for Autumn


This weekend we decided to break the mold and to grab the kids and dog and go to the Troodos mountains to see if we could catch some Fall Colours.


We had so much fun spending time as a family, playing outside and hiking in the forest.


Actually feeling cold,  and having to keep warm by the fire was such a treat, considering we are still hovering around 26 Celcius in town.


I even managed to do work on some Klosjes and Hexies, while the boys hurled themselves down the little hill on their go-carts.

what is it with boys and their wheels...
:)

Vineyards losing their leaves

Apart from teaching  and the usual Klosjes and hexies this week, I really need to focus on some deadlines. I decided to start over on one of the projects I had been working on. This is always a hard decision, but I just wasn't happy with it and besides this new pattern has pinwheels at it's centre. And pinwheels make me smile.
:)

hoping you are having a great start to your week!
xx
V.


15 comments:

  1. As always, I love your photos, Valentina. Love the fall colors. Our weekend in Quito was cold and rainy. It would almost seem like winter has begun for us. Good weather to stay inside and sew! Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi V, glad the weather is getting kind to you after the hard summer you have had. The forest looks pretty with the leave staring to turned to autumn. Boys with wheels and computer in my family - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Valentina with some georgeaus photos. I can see you had such fun with the family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely outing. Pinwheels are happy things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes getting a break from 'the usual' really kick starts our creativity. Love the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Little boys, little wheels, big boys, bigger wheels. They are the same the world over. It has been a spectacular autumn with some beautiful colours around. I am envying your lovely warm weather as we have had a sharp frost today.
    Love Shirley.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like and sounds like fun. I sort of missed the fall colors this year. They came and went while I was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fall pictures!! I really like the red, white, and blue pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a real good fall family time..
    I was getting my garden leaf free today, it's a messy job, but I love the fall anyway!
    Love your pinwheels too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a lovely weekend/day out, I bet Daisy loved the great outdoors too! Your pinwheels are so cheerful, this looks like it will be a fun project for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fall foliage pictures!
    So nice to have a special Family day outing!
    Glad the weater was great for you.
    Your pinwheel quilt is adorable too.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so pretty there with the autumn colours and I so want to go on the boys carts for a ride down the hill too. I just love pinwheels too, yours look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always you photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what fun to take a spin on the go-cart!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you all had a good time. Reminds me of autumn as a child. Nice
    Like the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please, feel free to write in EspaƱol, Nederlands or Papiamento if that is easier for you . And I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible, as long as I have access to your e-mail.

My Patchwork Family Through Adoption

A Bit of Africa and China
Came knocking on our door
And in a home where there was longing
Now empty rooms no more

Like a Quilt of Many Colours
Our Family stitched together into One
God's Love and Grace for us Abundant
In the Miracle of our Sons

Written by Valentina
2006