Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gin's Quilt


Thank you all for the happy wishes!
This is Gin's quilt: Flying Cranes. I made it for her wedding in the summer of 2008. It's an elongated flying geese and I used the Darlene Zimmerman and Joy Hoffman's EZ quilting Tri-Rec templates.

I Loved quilting it, and delighted in the ribbons of corals and rusts woven through the ribbons of Turquoise. This picture remains with me, as it encompasses what I love about hand-quilting.

Have a joyous day!
Valentina

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I really want to do some handquilting this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks beautiful. Your daughter must have been very happy to receive such a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, Sue-Anne, I don't have daughters. I am the mom of 2 sweet 3 year olds. Gin Is a dear friend who I met in University in Canada: a sister by choice!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please, feel free to write in Español, Nederlands or Papiamento if that is easier for you . And I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible, as long as I have access to your e-mail.

My Patchwork Family Through Adoption

A Bit of Africa and China
Came knocking on our door
And in a home where there was longing
Now empty rooms no more

Like a Quilt of Many Colours
Our Family stitched together into One
God's Love and Grace for us Abundant
In the Miracle of our Sons

Written by Valentina
2006